A Tour of the London Oratory: St. Joseph's Chapel

Continuing on with our tour of the London Oratory, next to the chapel of the Seven Dolours is the chapel of St. Joseph, which is the largest of the side chapels in the London Oratory, designed by the architect John Joseph Scoles who also designed the associated Oratorian house. The chapel was decorated by George Aitchison in 1898.

Above the altar itself is a marble statue of St. Joseph that was created in the late 19th century.

Above this are two sculpted angels that originally stood on the Lady Altar. These were executed by Tomasso Rues (c.1633-1703) and Santo Cagliari (1662-1719).

Join in the conversation on our Facebook page.